Monday, November 2, 2009

DANCE DANCE DANCE..................










I absolutely love to dance. Ever since I was a little kid, I just loved to dance. Growing up, I was taught that dancing was sinful. It didn't matter how much I drilled on how sinful it was, I loved to dance. Unfortunately, I had to sneak to the school dances. I even sneaked to prom. How sad is that. It wasn't til I was a junior in high school that I just said that I was going to prom. I use to go to under 21 dance clubs so I could dance. I loved cheerleading and of course, we danced there as well. I was always attracted to guys that danced. On of the things I am most attracted to about Jake is that he can dance. When I first met him, I was so excited that amongst other things, he was a Christian who would dance. One of my biggest regrets is that I was told that I couldn't have a dance at my wedding and my husband listened. That was something I never got over. How can I not have celebrate one of the happiest days of my life and not dance with my life partner. Seriously!!! I would have another wedding just so I could dance. I am not lying either. I was never the partier. I only like to dance. It wasn't till I was around 30 and I lived here in Dallas and I could see classy places to go and dance that I have enjoyed going to places where there is no smoking and drunks all over. I can go somewhere, order water the whole night and just dance. For our 11 yr. anniversary, Jake and I celebrated with a few friends; went to uptown Dallas and danced the entire night away. I didn't even take a bathroom break. It was sooooooooooooo fun!!!! I was then confronted by my mother at almost 36 yrs of age and asked if I'm serving the Lord and going to the same church. I had to tell my mom that I finally free to worship, live, and be happy under the grace of God and DANCE freely. Granted, I am not dancing in church or to worship music, but I was and am more intimate with my Heavenly Father than I ever have in my life and I don't have to hide who I am. I can have a drink, dance, laugh, and celebrate LIFE!!!!!
Now I am ready to do it again. I was just given a clean bill of health and I am going to CELEBRATE! There are people who drink to get drunk or to escape. There are people who eat for comfort. There are people who dance to be nasty. I drink, eat, and dance to add to my life of freedom. I never have gotten drunk, nor danced to be perverted nor done things that God would not allow me to do. Of course, I have fallen short of His glory, but it's usually cuz I refuse to forgive, or I blow up at my kids or husband, or I'm impatient about something, etc.; not because of dancing.
I was so excited to audition for a major Christmas production of the Christmas Carol and make the dance team. This team has been such a blessing. As soon as I told them that I needed prayer, they anointed me with oil and prayed over me, made me a prayer blanket, and after I had surgery, they brought my and family and me meals. This production is so awesome! I don't want it to end. I look forward to rehearsal on Thursdays.
I not only want to learn to latin dance but jazz, pole (yes, pole dancing is a great work out), and street dance. Any dancing is just fun!!!!


















No comments:

Post a Comment