Saturday, October 31, 2009

Today is my sister's birthday!




Today, my sister, Marilee turns 50!!! She is 14 yrs. older than I. She is the sibling I have been the closest to. While growing up, she was like a second mother to me. I never like being the youngest of a family where all my siblings are so much older than I, but I had to get to place where I was content with it and it wasn't till a few years ago that I really learned to appreciate it.
Marilee is one of my bestest friends. She has heard and seen me cry, throw a fit, sing for joy, love, hate, and so many other things. I call her when I need advice, have questions, need prayer, am confused or simply to chat. She makes me laugh when I'm around her. I have always looked up to her as a wonderful role model. As I have gotten to know her now that I am an adult, I realize how much we are a lot alike and how I can learn from her. I remember, as a child, I would stay at her house a lot and Richard would ask me if they could could adopt me. I use to say no, until I got a little older and I wished they had. Then I grew up and realized they didn't have to, I was already somewhat like theirs. I know I will never be like a daughter to her, but I know she is like a mother to me and I am so grateful, Merl that you are in my life. I LOVE YOU more than you'll ever know!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment