Sunday, October 25, 2009

Life Lessons

This part of my blog is going back in the year and catching ya'll up. I had been married for 10 1/2 years when I ended up being a single mom. In that time, I needed to mature in ways that would make me a happier person and a mother my children could call a heroine. First thing I needed to do is decide that I needed healing and help with that healing comes from a counsel. I attend the best church in the world - Gateway Church in Southlake, TX, where they hooked me up with a terrific counselor. Although, it was a nice place to vent and get some counsel, it wasn't until God really showed me how to trust HIM and rely in HIM that my real healing took place. Hearing that I have the power and the choice to live my life happy and not accept anyone else's chaos is a choice that I need to make. God had to deal with me little by little. In His grace and love, he showed me where forgiveness needed to take place. Forgiveness, not only toward my husband but for myself. Then I needed to deal with my pride. All of us has pride to deal with. I didn't think that I did, till God showed me where I did, so I released that to HIM. Then I decided to no longer accept the negative to ruin my days, my moments, my thoughts, or my life. It wasn't until I was diagnosed with breast cancer that I realized my life could be shortened even though it is already short. I realized that I needed to live each day as if it were my last. I could no longer allow circumstances, the environment or someone else's bad day ruin mine. I am God's and He is mine and I live for Him and I have two children who are learning from me. I am not perfect and behaviorial change takes time, so I need to be self controlled and patient, first with myself and then with others. I am now the person I use to admire in other people. I love me, I like me, and I like who I am becoming.

Josiah, Jeanice and I used the time we had alone to make forts in the living room, camp out in the back yard, go to Schlitterbahn, play games, do devotions and learn to make life happy as we focus our attention on God and each other. I am no longer embarrassed to say that I was going through a divorce or that I have breast cancer, and my life is not perfect, but it is and has been in a place where God could show up and be glorified. To God be the Glory.


No comments:

Post a Comment