Sunday, July 25, 2010

Tami's family visits us








Tami and I grew up somewhat like sisters and she is my niece. Her mom is my sister and we are very close. She is like a second mother to me. Well, I wondered why they would never come to visit, but I stopped wondering and just accepted that's what happens when we move away from family.
While the kids and I were on vacation for spring break, she called me and asked if the could come that night for a visit. We were ecstatic!!! They were finally coming. My kids adore her kids. Those are the cousins they are closest to. We made it home with time to clean it and pick them up from the airport. Tami and Chris didn't tell Ky, Saya and Nash where they were going, so they were completely surprised when we pulled up at the airport and hugged them. It was AWESOME!!! The look on their faces was priceless.
For the next three days we took them to downtown Dallas, Chipotle, Ft. Worth Science and History Museum, Johnny B's, Pink Berry frozen yogurt and lots of shopping. The kids loved having their cousins sleep over for all those days. I cannot tell you what this meant to me and my family. I still look at the pictures so I can believe it happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment