Sunday, October 10, 2010






Ok, it is already fall and the last time I blogged was in the summer about spring break. Whew, I have some catching up to do. How about I blog about my summer break. As summer approached, I was so excited that I would not have to work. June came and I still had a class to finish up the semester. It was great though. I would wake up at 6 a.m. and run, then come home and get ready for the day, and start school at 8:30 am. I loved this schedule, cuz I would spend the afternoons with my kiddos.
One of those weeks, I took the kids and my mom to Austin to meet up with my first cousins, John and Patti from Colorado. I was so excited that they wanted to see us and that we made it happen. We went kayaking with them and had dinner. It was so much fun.

What's awesome about meeting up with John and Patti is that John's dad, my Uncle Jerry, was my favorite uncle. He spoiled me. He was like my grandpa since my grandfather never was a grandfather to me. Uncle Jerry and my mom were real close so I benefited from that relationship. When my cousins would come visit or we visited them, we always enjoyed each other, so since I hadn't seen John in over 12 yrs. this was such a special treat.

I miss my Uncle Jerry so much. Just the thought of how different life would have been with my uncle alive, aches. He was one of the wisest and most godly men I knew. I loved him sooooooooooo much and I know he loved me. Anytime he visited or we went to visit him cuz he lived in Delta CO, he did not like to say good bye, so when he thought I was sleeping, he would sneak in the room and place some money under my pillow in the little coin cards. I cherish those good byes.
John, are a lot like your dad and that is something I know you are proud of. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment