Saturday, October 16, 2010






October 21 will be 1 year I am a breast cancer survivor. I feel like I am not because I detected it early. I faced all the emotional and fear that any person would go through and it crept back this morning as I sat in a survivor's tent. I was overwhelmed with emotion.
Six years ago I became a runner. I have always worked out, but when I was under a lot of stress, I found myself running to decompress. In the last few months, I have really concentrated on running long distance. I don't sprint, but I do keep a good pace approximately 10 min./mi.

I decided to do this race and I am so glad I did. It was a goal that I achieved. When I got there, it was emotionally harder than I expected it to be. It was chaotic with no direction, at first. Jake parked the car while I got down to see where I was suppose to go and ended up going the opposite direction. Anyway, it made for a stressful start, so I started with a sprint which I don't do. I ran out of gas too quickly so I had to stop and pace myself.
I have to say the best part of the whole thing was that my husband woke up early and drove me there. His support means so much to me.

It was an awesome experience. Not sure I'll do it again because I am just not so passionate about this cause. I think there should be a cure, but I think a healthier cure would be best. It was different than the run I did for the Project: Rescue Her. This is something I am passionate about and would do again.

No comments:

Post a Comment