Saturday, October 30, 2010

October



October has started out as my month to give back and be a part of something bigger than myself. When Jake and I dated and first got married, we were involved with the church with all sorts of stuff. We were in ministry together and enjoyed being a part of it. Since we've been at Gateway, we have led a life group and been in the altar ministry together, but nothing like before. I have been serving faithfully in the altar ministry for 2 years now and I absolutely love it, but I am so ready to get so much more involved and we had an opportunity to be demons for a unity marriage seminar. I didn't realize that I would hairspray my hair so much, it took 30 minutes to untangle. We got to know Sean and Priscilla a little more and we have hopefully been a blessing to them; as we have become an open book for God to use.




Since I run to stay fit and healthy, I decided to start running for good causes and as a way to give back. I decided one week before the Project; Rescue Her run to raise money for the A21 Campaign in Greece. Greece is the largest sex trafficking country in the world. I am just sad about the thousands of girls forced to serve 40-100 men per day and the younger the girls are, the more they are in value. I raised $250 in one week and ran 5 miles in one hour the first weekend in October. I would love to go the Greece next year as Marissa Star will be going now in November to visit this organization that Christine Caine heads up. She is one of my heroes.

No comments:

Post a Comment